Wednesday, September 9, 2009

EDM 310 Podcasts

I just watched/listened to 2 podcasts.

The first one I listened to was a group of students and Dr. Strange, titled "Tech Literate Teacher." The introductions were nice and once the conversation began, it became a little more relaxed. I believe when I do this, I'll be the same way. Nicole believes teachers should be somewhat tech literate. They need to know the basics. I totally agree. Teachers don't need to just stick to textbooks anymore. Technology is advancing and we need to teach the students a little bit about technology to prepare them for what they will learn. All in all, I believe this video was good. The topic was good and the students did well.

The second podcast I listened to was Mr. Sullivan's class. The "Shift Happens" conversation stated off with elevator music, which needs to go. :)
The first speaker, Scott, began talking and said umm alot. The other students were also very monotone and didn't seem very interested in this topic, which made it hard to listen to. They needed to be a little excited.
As far as topic, I'm half and half on what I believe. I think technology is great. I also think that teacher interaction is a necessity and we can't rely on technology. There needs to be a mixture of teacher and technology. I think elementary teachers should begin with the basics of technology.

No comments:

Post a Comment